Crude oil receipts
Pipelines received 18.5 million cubic metres of crude oil and equivalent products from Canadian fields and plants in April, up 8.0% compared with the same month in 2016. Receipts from Alberta and Saskatchewan accounted for 97% of total receipts.
Crude oil deliveries
Pipelines delivered 6.4 million cubic metres of crude oil to Canadian refineries in April, up 4.4% from the same month in 2016. Of this total, 59% was sent to refineries in Western Canada, while the remainder (41%) was delivered to Ontario and Quebec refineries.
Exports and imports
Pipelines exported 14.4 million cubic metres of crude oil to the United States in April. Exports were 14.6% higher than the previous year, while imports rose 11.5% to 2.4 million cubic metres
Closing inventories of crude oil in April totalled 11.5 million cubic metres, down 3.0% compared with the same month in 2016
The Toronto Stock Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved the information contained herein.